It’s just about that time and I couldn’t be more excited. FALL TIME! I’m so ready for layers, homemade chili, all things pumpkin, and any other basic fall item you can think of. What I’m also ready for? Shopping my closet and finding easy ways to turn a summer dress into a trendy fall look. Don’t know where to start? I got you girl. Just keep reading.
how to turn a summer dress into a trendy fall look
- Dress// Obviously, start with a summer dress. For this outfit, I’m wearing a Free People maxi dress from Finders Keep Hers Boutique. It doesn’t have to be a maxi though! Shop your closet and reach for that favorite dress you wore all summer.
- Layer// I’m wearing a cropped sweatshirt, but you could do a chunky cardigan or denim jacket. I’m rounding up some perfect layering pieces below. Just in case you need some new digs.
- Boots// Depending on your dress, you’ve got options. If you’re wearing a shorter dress, go with a longer boot. Longer dress, shorter boots. If you’re not feeling boot season quite yet, a pair of sneakers would be perfect too! I’m wearing these $40 combat boots from Target that I am obsessed with.
- Accessories// I added some gold hoops and my go-to black bag to tie it all together. Again, make this outfit your style and layer up some necklaces or add bracelets.
- Rock it// That’s literally it. There’s a ton of ways to replicate this combo with different things in our closet and the new things I’m sure we’ll pick up this season.
pro tip// if you’re wearing a maxi, tuck your dress under your bra or pin it up under your layers. This gives you room to show off your boots and turn your maxi into a midi.
I hope y’all love this little styling session because it can be easy and affordable to a summer dress into a trendy fall look. P.S. the next reals + deals edition is coming soon and you’re going to be obsessed.